An apple cider margarita (with ginger beer) is sure to get you in the Fall spirit! This autumn inspired cocktail incorporates warming spices and flavors into the classic margarita.
- 1 oz lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 2 1/2 oz tequila
- 1/8 oz maple syrup (about 1 tsp)
- 3 oz apple cider
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 2-3 apple slices for garnish (optional)
For the optional cinnamon sugar rim:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- For the cinnamon sugar rim: Add ½ tbsp of maple syrup to a shallow plate. Dip the rim of your glass in the syrup, then dip the rim into the cinnamon sugar, twisting the glass until it is coated. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add the lime juice, tequila, apple cider and ⅛ oz (about 1 tsp) of maple syrup.
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds until chilled.
- Pour the margarita into the sugar rimmed glass over ice. Top it off with 3 oz of ginger beer. Stir lightly. Garnish with a couple of apple slices and enjoy!
- The apple slices and cinnamon sugar rimmed glass are completely optional! It's an extra step but it will wow your guests and even yourself!
- Always use fresh squeezed lime juice rather than the bottled stuff.
Keywords: apple cider margarita