BBQ jackfruit nachos are the vegan nachos you've been dreaming of. They truly have ALL the flavors! The sweet and tangy barbeque sauce in addition to the salty chips really gets your taste buds dancing! Pair them with a watermelon margarita and you've got yourself a party! You can add your favorite toppings or keep it simple! It’s a choose your own adventure kind of appetizer.
To Make BBQ Jackfruit Nachos:
First soak the cashews in hot water for 15 minutes to 4 hours. Next, shred the jackfruit with your hands (or two forks), while removing any tough pieces. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Add the shredded jackfruit, bbq sauce and ½ cup of water to the pan. Cover with a lid straightaway and cook for 8 minutes. Remove the lid and allow any excess water to evaporate until it's thick and saucy. Turn off the heat. After that, cover a baking sheet with the entire bag of tortilla chips. Layer on the black beans, and bbq jackfruit, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, blend the cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and water until smooth. Lastly, top the nachos with the cashew cheese sauce, salsa and guacamole.
tips & tricks
My number one tip for this recipe is to soak the cashews ahead of time. 15 minutes will work, however the overall consistency of the cheese sauce will be smoother the longer they soak. I also recommend using a high power blender to make the cashew cheese sauce. For the jackfruit, I like to shred it with my hands so I can remove any tough, hard to eat parts.
Let me know in the comments below what you think of BBQ jackfruit nachos! For more recipe inspiration make sure to follow Toshi’s Table on Instagram and Pinterest. As always, thanks for the support! Happy Eating!Print
BBQ jackfruit nachos are the vegan nachos of your dreams. They truly have ALL the flavors! The sweet and tangy barbeque sauce combined with the salty chips really gets those taste buds dancing!
- 1-15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1-20 oz can jackfruit, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 bag tortilla chips
For the Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup water (more as needed)
- Diced red onion
- Lime wedges
- Pickled jalapenos
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven in preheating, shred the jackfruit into pieces using your hands or two forks. Discard any tough pieces.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the jackfruit, barbeque sauce and water. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 8 minutes. Remove the lid and let any excess liquid cook off. Turn off the heat.
- Spread the tortilla chips out on a baking sheet. Layer them with the black beans and BBQ jackfruit. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cashews from the water. Combine the cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and ½ cup of water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more water as needed.
- Top the nachos with drizzles of cashew cheese, salsa, guacamole and any additional toppings.
- The cashews will get softer the longer they soak in water. This will make for a smoother “cheese” sauce.
- Add more water to the cashew cheese sauce as needed.
- Shred the jackfruit with your hands to achieve the “pulled meat” look.
- Add your favorite toppings!
Keywords: BBQ Jackfruit Nachos