Bourbon cinnamon applesauce is the perfect fall side dish. It will fill your whole house with a pleasant aroma.
- 6 cups apples (peeled and chopped)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whiskey or bourbon
- Cut the apples into 1/2" cubes and add them to a saucepan with the lemon juice, cinnamon and water. Cover with a lid and bring the mixture to a rapid simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then add the bourbon or whiskey. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the apples can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and mash the apples with a potato masher or fork. Enjoy warm or cold!
- You can leave the skin on the apples if you like.
- If you want a more consistent applesauce throw everything into a blender.
- Add more water if you need to when mashing/blending the applesauce.
Keywords: bourbon cinnamon applesauce