Roasted asparagus with lemon is a classic spring recipe. The tangy squeeze of lemon adds a complimentary pop of citrus to the roasted asparagus.
- 1 bundle of asparagus (ends trimmed)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Spread the asparagus out on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and modestly squeeze the lemon over the asparagus.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
- Cut or snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Oven times may vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Keep an eye on it after 12 minutes or so.
- Start with a modest amount of lemon juice; you can always add more to taste!
- Sometimes I’ll add a few cloves of fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
Keywords: roasted asparagus with lemon