Edamame quinoa salad with sesame ginger dressing can be made in just 30 minutes! It’s simple, quick and easy to make. The asian inspired flavors are out of this world delicious!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced (optional)
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions in vegetable broth or water.
- Make the dressing while the quinoa cooks. Mix the seasoned rice vinegar, reduced-sodium soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil in a bowl or jar. Thoroughly whisk or shake to combine.
- Massage the cabbage with 1/4 tsp salt until it starts to soften and wilt. Drain any excess water.
- Add the cooked quinoa, edamame, red pepper, red cabbage, cucumber, and sesame ginger dressing in a large bowl. Mix well. Top with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for maximum flavor. If you don’t have vegetable broth, water is fine- it will still taste delicious!
- Freshly sliced mango would add a nice bite of sweetness.
- Store any unused ginger in the freezer!
Keywords: edamame quinoa salad, sesame ginger dressing