This healthy fall harvest pasta salad is easy to make and packed full of your favorite fall produce!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 3-4 cups of kale
- 2 cloves garlic, skin left on
- 1 lb whole wheat rotini
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the butternut squash and brussels sprouts in 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Add the garlic cloves, leaving them whole in their peels. Place the veggies and garlic on a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Massage the kale with a pinch of salt or olive oil for 30 seconds to 1 minute until wilted.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the peels. Chop up the garlic. Mix the maple syrup, balsamic dressing, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and roasted garlic together.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve and enjoy!
- Cook the pasta al-dente. Make sure to check the instructions for your pasta to determine how long to cook it.
- Buy pre-cut butternut squash for quicker prep time.
Keywords: fall harvest pasta salad