This grilled romaine, radish & corn salad is PERFECT for summer!
For the Salad:
- 3 hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 – 15 oz can of corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp capers (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Creamy Dill Dressing:
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Lightly brush olive oil on each side of the romaine hearts.
- Grill each romaine heart over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes each side. Remove from the grill and plate. Top with sliced radishes, corn, cherry tomatoes and capers if desired.
For the dressing:
- Combine the cashews, water, dill, capers, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, salt & pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth. Drizzle the creamy dill dressing on top of the salad. Enjoy!
Don’t use too much olive oil on the romaine, otherwise it will get soggy and oily. You want just enough so it won’t stick to the grill.
Keywords: Salad, Grilled Romaine, Creamy Dill Dressing