Zucchini tofu scramble is a quick and easy recipe you can make time and time again. It has a few simple ingredients and is easily adaptable based on your preferences.
- 2 small zucchini, sliced in half moons
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the tofu (no need to press it) and put it in a large bowl. Use a fork to break apart the tofu into crumbles. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil (from the sun-dried tomatoes) in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Saute for 5-8 minutes then remove zucchini and tomatoes from the pan.
- Add the tofu crumbles to the pan, along with the nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, garlic powder, turmeric and red pepper flakes. Stir well. Saute for 5 minutes or until tofu is heated through.
- Add the cooked zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes back to the pan. Mix until combined with the tofu scramble. Serve over toast and top with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
- You do NOT have to press the tofu. Just drain it from the package and crumble!
- You can substitute cherry tomatoes in for the sun-dried tomatoes. Add them in with the zucchini and saute until they slightly burst.
- Substitute/add yellow squash in with the zucchini.
- Make sure to use the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes. This will add SO much flavor to the dish!
- Serve with fresh greens for a nice pop of color. I like adding arugula or sliced basil!
Keywords: zucchini tofu scramble