My favorite healthy-ish banana bread is my NO FAIL recipe. It's so easy to make and SO GOOD.
- 3 brown bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup OR honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mush the brown bananas together using a fork. Once they are broken up, add the egg and lightly whisk together. Add the rest of the ingredients. Gently mix until a batter forms and the ingredients are incorporated together.
- Lightly grease ( I use non-stick spray) a 9” x 5” loaf pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes if you can wait that long!
Keywords: banana bread