This cranberry thyme fizz is undeniably the perfect holiday cocktail! Regardless of whether you celebrate the holidays, this cranberry gin cocktail is guaranteed to spread some joy. It’s fizzy, slightly botanical and has just the right amount of tang. What a combo!
Why You Should Make Cranberry Thyme Fizz
- It’s festive and the perfect addition to any winter party!
- The thyme simple syrup is what makes this drink so unique. You've got to give it a try!
- It’s easy to make for the most part! Make the simple syrup, stir the ingredients until mixed and enjoy!
What's in This Recipe?
- Gin - use your favorite brand.
- Thyme simple syrup - sugar, water and fresh sprigs of thyme.
- Cranberry juice - use 100% juice.
- Club soda - I like to buy the mini bottles from my local grocery store.
- Ice cubes
How to Make Cranberry Thyme Fizz
- First make the thyme simple syrup. Combine sugar, water and fresh sprigs of thyme in a small saucepan. Bring it to a rapid simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 15 minutes so the thyme infuses. Strain and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month.
- Fill a tall glass ¾ full of ice. Add the gin, thyme simple syrup and cranberry juice. Stir well. Top it off with club soda.
- Garnish with sprigs of thyme and fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- I like making the thyme simple syrup in advance. It isn't necessary but it'll make things easier if your making a bunch of drinks! Additionally, you can store it in the fridge for up to one month!
- If you don’t like the flavor of thyme, you can leave it out and make/use regular simple syrup. I also believe honey or agave would be a good substitute.
- Finally, for a visually stunning cocktail try freezing cranberries into your ice cubes!
Looking for More Recipes?
- In the mood for more holiday cocktails? This vegan chocolate peppermint-tini is another hit!
- Got a case of the winter blues? Stay cozy with a bowl of creamy chickpea noodle soup!
- Lastly, make sure to follow Toshi’s Table on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe inspiration! Happy eating!
This cranberry gin cocktail is guaranteed to spread joy this holiday season. It’s fizzy, slightly botanical and has just the right amount of tang.
- 2 oz gin
- ½ oz thyme simple syrup (see below)
- 1 ½ oz cranberry juice
- 5 oz club soda
For the Thyme Simple Syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 5-8 sprigs of thyme
- Make the thyme simple syrup. Combine the sugar, water and thyme in a small saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month.
- Fill a tall glass about 75% full of ice. Add the gin, thyme simple syrup and cranberry juice. Stir well. Top with club soda. Garnish with sprigs of thyme and fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
Keywords: cranberry thyme, cranberry cocktail