These crispy cannellini beans transform from a basic white bean to a delightful, crispy snack. This is by far one of my most simple recipes and the good news is that it can be made with any kind of bean, not just cannellini’s. I used cannellini’s because I normally have a few cans on hand in my pantry. I also thought crispy cannellinis had a nice ring to it.
Additionally, this crispy cannellini beans recipe only requires THREE INGREDIENTS (plus a pinch of salt & pepper). You’ll need 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of reduced sodium soy sauce, and 1 can of beans. That’s it! I bet you already have all of those ingredients in your pantry.
The best thing about these beans is they can be utilized in a variety of ways. My favorite way to enjoy them is straight off the baking sheet. They are still warm and have a nice crunch to them. In fact, I ate a bunch of them as I was shooting these pictures. I had to make myself stop eating them so I could finish the photoshoot. They are the perfect snack for when you’re craving something crispy & salty (which for me is ALL the time). They also make a great addition to soups, salads & grain bowls such as my roasted root vegetable bowl. Be careful, they are ADDICTING.
Now let me tell you the secret to making these beans extra crispy. After draining and rinsing them, you need to gently dry them off. I recommend using a kitchen towel. Lay the towel down on your counter and carefully put the beans on top. Fold the towel in half dry the beans, being careful not to smush too many of them. I roast the smushed ones anyway and they turn out fine.
When the beans are dry, place them on a baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss them until they are all coated. Add a small pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
Bake these guys in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes, stir them, then back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes depending on your crispy preference. When they come out of the oven, drizzle the beans with 2 teaspoons of reduced sodium soy sauce and quickly toss them.
Now comes the moment of truth… can you eat just one can of crispy beans? The answer is no, you will immediately want to make more. Good thing this recipe is SO easy huh? Good luck out there and stay safe everyone! Make sure to comment below & show me what you make by tagging me on Instagram @toshistable. Happy Cooking!Print
These crispy cannellini beans are baked in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 1 - 15 oz can of cannellini beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse the beans. Carefully dry the beans using a kitchen towel.
- Place the beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss the beans on the sheet until they have an even coating of oil.
- Bake the beans in the oven for 15 minutes, stir, then another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the oven and immediately drizzle with 2 teaspoons of reduced-sodium soy sauce. Carefully toss the beans until all the soy sauce is mixed in.
- Enjoy as it right off the baking sheet, or add to your favorite soups, salads or grain bowls!
- Drying the beans with a towel ensures they will become crispy.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: crispy cannellini beans