Ten vegetable soup is a versatile recipe and perfect to make at the end of the week with all of your random leftover veggies. If you’re craving a good healthy meal this will do it for ya. It’s quite literally packed with vegetables. I call it ten vegetable soup, but you can add more or less according to preference! At the end of the week I often find myself staring in the fridge or pantry wondering what to make for dinner (yes food bloggers have this problem too). I like to keep a well stocked pantry and I can certainly count on there being a few random vegetables in the fridge. This soup is perfect because you can throw whatever veggies in it!
to make ten vegetable soup:
Saute the onions, carrots, and celery with a pinch of salt. After 8 minutes or so, add the garlic, thyme, another ¼ teaspoon of salt, red pepper, potato, zucchini and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir until garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the vegetable broth and beans. Bring the soup to a gentle boil then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the kale until it starts to wilt. Serve and enjoy!
tips & tricks:
I highly recommend always having a couple cans of fire-roasted tomatoes in the panty as they add a huge amount of flavor to this dish. I also recommend stocking up on beans… all kinds of beans! They are such an easy source of protein to add to just about any dish. Also, keep some vegetable stock on hand, or save up your vegetable scraps to make vegetable scrap broth. I like to store homemade vegetable broth in the freezer and then take it out to thaw when I need it. My go-to vegetables for this soup are carrots, celery, garlic, onions, pepper, fire-roasted tomatoes, leafy greens and beans. Then I’ll add whatever else I can find like a small zucchini, potatoes or cabbage. You can toss in whatever veggies work for you.
Let me know when you make this cozy soup by commenting below! Tell me what vegetables you used in your soup. Furthermore, if you enjoyed this recipe I definitely recommend checking out my butternut squash chili, it's one of my favorites! You can find more of Toshi’s Table over on Instagram and Pinterest. Thanks for the support and happy eating!Print
Ten vegetable soup is a versatile recipe and perfect to make at the end of the week with all of your random leftover veggies.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1-15 oz can of beans, drained & rinsed
- 1-15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of kale
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes until onions are translucent and vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, zucchini, red bell pepper, potato, fire-roasted tomatoes, thyme and remaining ¼ salt. Saute for 30 seconds or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and beans. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, then partially cover with a lid and drop the head down to low and allow the soup to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables can be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the lid and stir in the kale until it starts to wilt.
- Serve in soup bowls and top with freshly ground black pepper and parmesan cheese if desired.
- To keep this recipe vegan, try topping off the soup with sunflower seed parmesan.
- I like to make this at the end of the week with all of my lonely random vegetables in the fridge.
- Add as many, or take out as many vegetables as you would like.
Keywords: ten vegetable soup