This homemade ten vegetable soup is truly the best! It is versatile and perfect to make at the end of the week with all of your random leftover veggies. If you’re craving a good healthy meal, this is it! I call it ten vegetable soup, but you can add more or less veggies according to preference!
This ten vegetable soup recipe is inspired by Panera Bread’s ten vegetable soup! I wanted to create a heartier version that can be made with basic pantry stables. This pairs well with roasted crispy cannellini beans on top!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This healthy, hearty recipe is packed with a variety of vegetables!
- Homemade ten vegetable soup is gluten free, vegetarian and vegan!
- This recipe uses basic pantry staples and is perfect for wilty looking vegetables that you don’t know what to do with!
- Olive oil - used to saute the vegetables. I recommend regular olive oil rather than extra virgin olive oil.
- Fresh vegetables - yellow onion, celery stalks, carrots, garlic cloves, zucchini, red bell pepper, potato, kale
- Beans - you will need one can of beans. I like usings white beans such as garbanzo, cannellini beans or great northern beans.
- Fire roasted tomatoes - the fire roasted tomatoes add another level of flavor to this dish. You can also use regular diced tomatoes.
- Vegetable broth - you will need to buy 2 boxes of vegetable broth or use homemade vegetable scrap broth.
- Spices - sea salt, thyme and freshly ground black pepper flakes.
Step by Step Instructions
Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven. Saute the onions, carrots, and celery with a pinch of salt for 5-8 minutes.
Add the garlic, thyme, another ¼ teaspoon of salt, red pepper, potato, zucchini and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir until garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the vegetable broth and beans. Bring the soup to a gentle boil then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in the kale until it starts to wilt. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
I always recommend keeping a well stocked pantry if possible. Try stocking up on fire roasted tomatoes, beans and vegetable broth. Beans are such an easy source of protein to add to just about any dish.
Save up your vegetable scraps to make vegetable scrap broth. Simply store your vegetable scraps in a freezer safe container or gallon ziplock bag until you’re ready to make broth.
Portion the soup into individual containers to meal-prep it for lunch this week! It is easy to reheat in the microwave. I love that it lasts all week in the fridge!
Substitutions and Variations
- Spicy - add in ¼ teaspoon to ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes. You can also top off the soup with hot sauce!
- Cheese - add grated parmesan cheese to the soup or top it off with sunflower seed parmesan!
- Frozen vegetables - feel free to use frozen vegetables in place of some of the fresh veggies. I recommend usings a mix of corn, beans, carrots or green peas for a budget friendly variety!
- Canned Vegetables - you can absolutely use canned vegetables but it will increase the amount of sodium in the soup.
- Cabbage vegetable soup - replace the kale with cabbage. Saute about 2 cups of cabbage with the onions, carrots and celery.
Storing, Freezing and Reheating
Store homemade ten vegetable soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure the soup cools to room temperature before storing it in the fridge.
You can freeze the soup for up to three months in an airtight container. I love making this soup and freezing half of it for another meal.
To reheat, simply microwave the soup or heat it over medium-low heat on the stove until hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
My ten vegetable soup recipe has 157 calories per serving. A serving size is 1 ½ cups. See below for more nutritional information.
This version of soup is not spicy, however you can choose to add ¼ teaspoon to ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes to make it spicy. You can also add hot sauce for additional spice!
More Cozy Soup Recipes You'll Love:
P.S. I love hearing from you! If you make this recipe please leave a star rating and comment below. To catch the latest recipes subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!Print
This homemade ten vegetable soup is truly the best! It is versatile and perfect to make at the end of the week with all of your random leftover veggies. If you’re craving a good healthy meal, this is it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 (15) oz can of beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15) oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of kale
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes until onions are translucent and vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, zucchini, red bell pepper, potato, fire-roasted tomatoes, thyme and remaining ¼ salt. Saute for 30 seconds or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and beans. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, then partially cover with a lid and drop the head down to low and allow the soup to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables can be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the lid and stir in the kale until it starts to wilt.
- Serve in soup bowls and top with freshly ground black pepper.
- I like to use cannellini beans or great northern beans, but any bean will work.
- Keep a well stocked pantry so you can make this soup anytime!
Keywords: homemade ten vegetable soup