Green pea potato soup with garlic chili oil is here for soup season! I love the vibrant color of the green peas contrasted with the reds and oranges of the garlic chili oil. This tasty creamy VEGAN soup is pretty easy to make and I find it to be thick and filling. I love serving this with fresh bread (because who doesn’t love dipping their bread into soup) and a drizzle of my homemade garlic chili oil. While the garlic chili oil isn’t necessary, I think it adds a nice zing that perfectly accompanies this cozy soup.
Tips & Tricks
I recommend using an immersion blender or food processor in order to blend the green pea potato soup. While blending isn't necessary to enjoy this soup, when the potato gets blended up it adds a nice creamy texture. I usually leave the potato skins on. Potato skins have a lot of nutrients, plus they are going to get blended up anyway therefore you won’t taste them on their own. Additionally, leaving the skins on completely eliminates the time it usually takes to peel the skin off. I call this a win-win for sure!
To make green pea potato soup:
Prepare all of the ingredients first. Start by sauteing the onions, celery and garlic until the onions are translucent. Next add in the potatoes, dill, garlic powder, salt, white wine and vegetable broth. Partially cover and bring the soup up to boil. Immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Uncover the soup and add in the peas. Let them cook for a couple of minutes until warmed through. Next, blend the soup with an immersion blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Serve with a generous drizzle of garlic chili oil and enjoy!
If you’re here for soup season make sure to check out my butternut squash chili and my green lentil sweet potato soup. Let me know when you make this recipe by commenting below! You can find more of Toshi’s Table here on Pinterest and also on Instagram. Thanks for stopping by!Print
Green pea potato soup with garlic chili oil is so cozy and delicious! This creamy vegan soup is easy to make and it will fill you up!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 sticks of celery, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium russet potatoes,cubed
- 1-12 oz bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tbsp garlic chili oil
- Add the olive oil to a large pot. Saute the onions, celery, garlic and ¼ teaspoon salt over medium heat until onions are translucent 8-10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, garlic powder, dill, ¼ salt, vegetable broth and white wine to the pot. Partially cover and bring the soup up to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the lid, and stir in the peas. Let the peas simmer for a few minutes until warmed up. Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth (or to your desired consistency).
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with a drizzle of garlic-chili oil. Enjoy!
- I make my own garlic chili oil but you can also use store bought!
- I usually leave the potato skins on since they get blended up anyway.
Keywords: green pea potato soup