What’s more refreshing than a bowl of green gazpacho in the summer? This recipe is PACKED with fresh, nutrient filled summer produce. I made this recipe for a summer veggie collaboration hosted on Instagram by Yasmine from @whisk_n_whip ! I was so excited to participate since this was the first collaboration I've done. My task was to share a recipe that featured summer vegetables. I couldn’t pick just one, so I threw some of my favorites into this this beautiful bowl! Instead of using tomatoes, my green gazpacho contains fresh cucumbers, green bell peppers, spinach (the secret ingredient for the pretty green color), jalapeño, lemon juice, and garlic! All the summer veggies in one delicious dish.
Simple & Delicious!
Green gazpacho is simple recipe that comes together quickly. I’ve been trying to give you more recipes that are easy to make in a pinch (like my vegan macaroni and cheese). I love cooking but I definitely have days where the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove, especially during these North Carolina summer days! For this recipe you simply throw your ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend it up! There is NO cooking require and that is one of the most amazing things about gazpacho.
Green gazpacho is tasty and refreshing! I like to top mine with mint leaves for an additional note of freshness, a squeeze of lemon and a few sunflower seeds. This will serve about 3 people. You can stretch it to 4 but the servings will be small. This is another dish that is really easy to adjust to the way you like it. Blend, taste, season, taste again. I often have to adjust recipes to figure out what works best for me.
As always, let me know when you make any of my recipes by commenting below or tagging me on Instagram at @toshistable (use the hashtag #toshistable when you post). If you want to save my recipes check out my Pinterest page and give it a follow. Thank you all so much for your support!Print
This delightful cold soup is packed with summer vegetables.
- 1-2 English cucumbers (2 ¼ cups, chopped)
- 1 ½ green bell peppers (1 ¼ cups, chopped)
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- Add 2 cups of cucumber (SAVE the ¼ cup for later), 1 cup of green pepper (SAVE the ¼ for later), jalapeño, spinach, lemon juice, garlic, salt, freshly ground black pepper and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil to a food processor or blender.
- Blend together, while slowly adding about ¼ cup more of olive oil. Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve in bowls & use the extra chopped cucumber & green pepper as a topping. Garnish with freshly chopped mint leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!
- Gazpacho is meant to be enjoyed cold. I store my produce in the refrigerator so it is nice and cold when I blend everything together. You can also make this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
- If you do make this ahead of time, please note that the garlic flavor will intensify the longer it sits.