These 20 minute garlic knots are so easy to make and are the perfect addition to just about any meal. They pair nicely with arugula green pea pesto or ten vegetable soup. I got my inspiration for this recipe from the Love & Lemons Everyday cookbook. I highly recommend this cookbook if you are into healthier plant-forward recipes! It’s one of my absolute favorites!
To make 20 minute garlic knots:
Cut the pizza dough into 8 equal sized pieces. Roll out each piece into an 8-9 inch log. Tie each piece of dough into a knot, then tuck the ends in behind the knot. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Meanwhile, combine the minced garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. When the garlic knots come out of the oven, brush them with the garlic oil. Top with fresh chives for a nice pop of color, and enjoy!
tips & tricks
You can find premade pizza dough in the refrigerator sections of most grocery stores. Get the ball of dough, rather than one that is already rolled out. I recommend brushing the surface you’re working on with extra flour to prevent sticking. My recipe is vegan, so I use olive oil instead of butter. If you’re craving that buttery goodness, just melt a tablespoon or so of butter and add the minced garlic to it. If you don’t have a bush, add the garlic knots to a large bowl and pour the garlic oil on top. Gently toss to coat the garlic knots. I love adding fresh chives for a nice pop of color, but they are not necessary if you don’t want to make the extra purchase.Print
These 20 minute garlic knots are so easy to make and are the perfect addition to just about any meal.
- 1 pizza dough (premade)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly flour the surface of a cutting board or counter space.
- Cut the premade pizza dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into an 8-9” log/snake.
- Carefully tie a knot in the center of each dough log, and tuck the ends in behind the knot.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush the garlic oil on top of each knot as soon as they come out of the oven. Top with freshly sliced chives. Enjoy!
- You can find premade pizza dough in the refrigerator sections of most grocery stores. You will want to buy the kind that is a ball of dough, rather than the one that is already rolled out.
Keywords: garlic knots