Date energy bites are my go-to snack when I need a little pick me up! They are quick and easy to make, healthy AND tasty! These date energy bites check all of the boxes. I usually make a batch over the weekend and snack on them during the day throughout work. They are also great for a grab and go breakfast. If you have a full house, I recommend making a double batch, so they last longer!
Healthy & Tasty!
It can be hard to find a healthy snack these days! Packaging and labels can be misleading, so make sure to check the ingredients list to find out what’s really in your food! I prefer making snacks at home such as crispy cannellini beans because I know exactly what is being added to them. I like packing healthy snacks for work because they don’t leave me feeling sluggish or heavy. My day-job requires a lot of focus, so it’s important for me to plan ahead and pack foods that will help fuel my body. These date energy bites do just that! I usually pack two of them and eat them as part of my lunch, or during that afternoon slump! I call them “energy bites” because they are filled with nutritious ingredients! Healthy rolled oats, dates, peanut butter (no sugar added), banana, flax seed and agave for added sweetness.
Quick & Easy
Date energy bites can be made in under 30 minutes! There’s a good chance you already have most of the ingredients at home, so let’s get baking! First, smash the banana with the back of a fork until it becomes super mushy. Then add the dates, peanut butter and agave. Mix well until incorporated. Add the flax seed and rolled oats and mix everything up until it gets nice and sticky. Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and drop it onto a baking sheet. Aim to make nine date energy bites that are roughly the same size; that way they will bake evenly. Remember, they don’t need to be pretty, they just need to stick together. Don’t feel sad if it looks like a giant clump, because that is exactly what it is (as you can see from my pictures).
Give this date energy bite recipe a go! Remember to tag me on Instagram (@toshistable) or use the hashtag #toshistable to show me your kitchen creations! As always, I appreciate your support and any feedback you have to offer. Please rate and comment on my recipes; I love hearing your thoughts and want to know what I can do to improve. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns or comments! Happy eating!Print
Date energy bites are my go-to snack when I need a little pick-me up! They are quick and easy to make, healthy and tasty!
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ tbsp agave
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana using the back of a fork. Add the dates, peanut butter and agave. Mix well. Next, add the rolled oats and ground flax seed. Mix everything together until it starts sticking together.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spoon, scoop up some of the mixture and drop it onto the baking sheet. Try to make each one the same size. Aim to make 9 date energy bites.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- I like using no-sugar added nut butter because the dates are already pretty sweet! If you use regular peanut butter, consider omitting the agave.
- To make this nut-free, try using sunflower seed butter instead of a nut butter.
- You can add additional ingredients such as nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, coconut or chia seeds.
Keywords: date energy bites