Roasted asparagus with lemon is such a classic spring time recipe. The lemon and asparagus compliment each other harmoniously in every bite. I know there are a million roasted asparagus recipes out there, but of course I had to share my quick and easy recipe as well!
To make roasted asparagus with lemon:
Trim the asparagus by removing the tough ends. Toss the asparagus in olive oil, a pinch of salt and garlic powder. Roast the asparagus in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from the oven and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
tips & tricks
Take it from me - asparagus can go bad quickly (and will then smell horrendous). In order to make your asparagus stay fresh for longer, store it upright in a jar with water. Basically how you would put flowers in a vase. I recommend storing it this way in the refrigerator. You’ll be surprised at how much longer it will stay fresh! I also recommend storing fresh herbs this way; it really is a game-changer! Another tip is to trim the ends of the asparagus. The ends are often more tough and are often described as “woody.” Some people recommend snapping the ends off (as they will naturally break at the appropriate point). I usually cut about 1-2 inches off from the end instead. I find this to be less wasteful and I honestly don’t taste a difference.
I find this roasted asparagus with lemon to be a great addition to any main dish. I especially recommend pairing it with arugula green pea pesto or summer squash bow tie pasta! The flavors are so fresh and bright - perfect for the warmer months ahead! Please let me know when you try out this recipe by rating it below in the comments. Your feedback helps me improve my recipes, so I really appreciate it! Additionally feel free to message me on Instagram, or you can save my recipes on Pinterest.Print
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Roasted asparagus with lemon is a classic spring recipe. The tangy squeeze of lemon adds a complimentary pop of citrus to the roasted asparagus.
- 1 bundle of asparagus (ends trimmed)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Spread the asparagus out on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and modestly squeeze the lemon over the asparagus.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
- Cut or snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Oven times may vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Keep an eye on it after 12 minutes or so.
- Start with a modest amount of lemon juice; you can always add more to taste!
- Sometimes I’ll add a few cloves of fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
Keywords: roasted asparagus with lemon
Leave a Reply