I was telling Kyle about this recipe and when I tried to say watermelon margarita, “marga-melon” is what actually came out of my mouth. After laughing for a few seconds, I realized I liked the word marga-melon better than watermelon margarita anyway. Its more fun to say; a word equally as fun as the drink itself! This cocktail is so easy to make, it only has FOUR ingredients! Watermelon, fresh lime juice, agave and tequila are the essentials! For that extra kick, add a nice lime-zest salted rim (or sugar if that’s more your style).
I feel like I’ve been holding out on you with this recipe! Watermelon margaritas have been the official summer drink over here in my apartment. It’s so refreshing after a hot sunny day (just like my green gazpacho). I like my marga-melon frozen, but this does add an extra step/some preparing ahead of time. It is also works not frozen, but the drink will separate a bit.
The How To
Freeze your cubed watermelon (1 cup makes 1 serving so plan accordingly). I freeze mine in a single layer inside a plastic Tupperware. I recommended putting it in the freezer overnight so it is ready to go the next day! Take about 1 cup of frozen watermelon, 3 oz of tequila, 2 oz of freshly squeezed lime juice, and 2 tsp of agave and throw it all into a blender. Blend until smooth. That's it!
Pair this watermelon margarita with a grilled romaine, radish & corn salad and some sausage, peppers & onions for the ultimate summer feast! Make sure to take pictures of your marga-melons and use the hashtag #toshistable on Instagram or feel free to tag me in the pictures! Cheers!Print
You'll be drinking this refreshing watermelon margarita all summer long!
- 1 cup frozen watermelon
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp agave
For the rim:
- ½ tsp salt
- Zest from one lime
- Lime wedge
- Mix together the salt and lime zest on a flat plate or surface.
- Rub the lime wedge over the rim of the glass you will be using. Turn the glass upside down and gently dip it into the salt blend. Move it around to cover the rim.
- Add the frozen watermelon, tequila, lime juice and agave to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your salted glass. Enjoy!
- For a sweeter version, use sugar instead of salt for the rim.
- You can make this without freezing the watermelon as well. But the drink will start to separate so make sure to stir it occasionally
Keywords: watermelon margarita