BBQ Cauliflower tacos are tangy, healthy and delicious! I’ve been testing this recipe over and over and over to get it just right. It’s a simple recipe, but the combination of flavors really brings it to the next level. The tangy barbeque sauce, the crunchy lightly pickled cabbage and the creamy avocado create a beautiful balance of flavors.
To Make BBQ Cauliflower Tacos:
Toss the cauliflower, olive oil and garlic powder together in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with your favorite barbeque sauce when it comes out of the oven. Meanwhile, make the lightly pickled cabbage. Use your hands to massage the red cabbage with salt until it begins to wilt. Drain any water that accumulations in the bowl then toss the cabbage with sugar and apple cider vinegar. Warm the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds, or over a hot skillet. Top the tortillas with BBQ cauliflower, lightly pickled cabbage and freshly sliced avocado. Lastly, garnish with cilantro if desired.
tips & tricks
This recipe serves 3-4 people depending on how hungry you are. If you’re making this for four especially hungry humans, I recommend pairing it with a watermelon arugula & goat cheese salad to complete the summertime BBQ vibe. My biggest tip for the recipe is to make sure you massage the red cabbage with salt for a minute or two before adding the sugar and apple cider vinegar. I just use my hands for this step. This will basically help the cabbage to soften and wilt slightly for a milder texture. It will still be crunchy, but not overwhelmingly crunchy. It will be just right! Finally, adjust the amount of barbeque sauce to taste if desired. Sometimes I use more or less depending on the size of the cauliflower.
Let know in the comments down below when you try out these tasty plant based tacos! Alternatively you can always message me on Instagram as well! For more recipe inspiration make sure to give me a follow on Pinterest. Thanks for your support and happy eating!Print
BBQ Cauliflower Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
BBQ Cauliflower tacos are tangy, healthy and delicious! The tangy barbeque sauce, the crunchy lightly pickled cabbage and the creamy avocado create a beautiful balance of flavors.
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 package flour tortillas
- Cilantro (optional)
For the cabbage:
- 3 cups red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- In a bowl, massage the red cabbage with the salt for about 1 minute, until it starts to wilt. Drain any excess water.
- Add the sugar and apple cider vinegar to the cabbage and toss to combine. Set aside.
- After the roasted cauliflower and barbeque sauce to a large bowl. Toss until cauliflower is covered in sauce. Add more barbeque sauce if desired.
- Warm the flour tortillas in a skillet or microwave. Add a layer of BBQ cauliflower, lightly pickled cabbage, and avocado slices. Top with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
- Use your favorite barbeque sauce!
Keywords: BBQ Cauliflower Tacos
These tacos were delicious! The flavors come together to create the best-tasting taco ever! I used whole wheat flour tortillas. This is definitely a keeper...healthy and delicious! That's what I like!!!
Thank you so much! I'm happy you enjoy them!