Chickpea curry salad wraps are so easy to make (only 10 minutes!) and full of flavor. This recipe is perfect for a last minute dinner or lunch! I was inspired to make this by one of my hometown coffee shops, Latte Lounge. They have a delicious chicken curry sandwich that I always ordered when I was in New York. I wanted to recreate similar flavors into a vegan version! I’m super happy with how this turned out. Now I can get my curry salad fix whenever I want!
To Make Chickpea Curry Salad Wraps:
Chickpea curry salad wraps only take 10 minutes to make! Who doesn't love a good quick recipe?! First add the beans, mayo, curry powder and balsamic vinegar to a large bowl. Mash the chickpeas/garbanzo beans with the back of a fork until the consistency is to your liking. I usually don’t mash the beans too much (mostly because I’m lazy). Next, add the red onions, raisins and a pinch of salt. Stir until everything is evenly mixed. Place an 8” tortilla on a flat surface. Layer the center of the wrap with lettuce, tomatoes and the chickpea curry salad. Carefully roll it up and fold in the ends. Finally, slice in half and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Similarly to my tuna salad recipe, I only use a small amount of mayonnaise in this recipe. Mayonnaise is one of those foods I have a hard time with because of the texture and taste. In this version I use a vegan mayo, however you could substitute regular mayo or greek yogurt instead. Feel free to add as much or as little as you desire! This wrap can be made ahead and will keep well in the fridge. If you are packing this for lunch, I suggest using a toothpick to hold the wrap together, wrapping it up in parchment paper, or completely skip the wrap and add the chickpea curry salad to a bed of lettuce and top it with balsamic vinegar.
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to comment below to let me know! And if you’re a chickpea fan like myself, check out this buffalo hummus recipe- it’s one of my favorites! You can get more Toshi’s Table by following me on Instagram and Pinterest. Thanks for the support & happy eating!Print
Chickpea Curry Salad Wraps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 wraps 1x
Chickpea curry salad wraps are so easy to make and full of flavor! This recipe only requires a few tasty ingredients and can be made in just 10 minutes!
- 1-15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tbsp + ¼ tsp curry powder
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan mayonnaise (or greek yogurt or regular mayo)
- 3 tbsp red onions, minced
- ¼ cup raisins
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 tortilla wraps (8 inches)
- Add the garbanzo beans (chickpeas), curry powder, balsamic vinegar and vegan mayo to a large bowl.
- Mash the beans using the back of a fork. Add the red onions, raisins and pinch of salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and scoop of chickpea curry salad onto the tortilla wrap.
- Carefully roll it up, tucking the ends in. Enjoy!
- I love the hint of balsamic vinegar in this. If it’s not your thing feel free to leave it out.
- I do not enjoy eating mayo, which is why I only use a small amount. Adjust as you see fit!
- This chickpea curry salad is also great on a bed of lettuce instead of in a wrap!
- Don’t like garbanzo beans? Try it out with another kind of bean!
- If packing for lunch, it’s helpful to use a toothpick to hold the wrap together.
Keywords: chickpea curry salad
Leave a Reply