Honey lavender simple syrup (for cocktails) is so easy to make! You only need three ingredients and 20 minutes! This simple syrup is elegant and botanical. It'll be sure to elevate your next cocktail, coffee, tea or mock-tail.
Lavender simple syrup is popular around the warmer months of May through August. The botanical flavor feels light and summery, however you can make it feel cozy and comforting by adding it to a hot latte or warm cup of tea.
This homemade simple syrup goes well in a gin margarita (in place of the agave). I highly recommending adding it to your coffee or tea as a sweetener. It also pairs beautifully with citrus beverages such as lemonade or seltzer!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only takes 20 minutes to make.
- Honey lavender simple syrup is flavorful and will elevate your next cocktail, mock-tail, coffee or tea.
- You only need three ingredients to make this elegant simple syrup!
- This makes for a tasty gift along with a box of tea!
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth - to strain out the dried lavender flowers.
- Small sauce pan - this recipe makes about ½ cup of of honey lavender simple syrup.
- Mason jar with a lid - this is my favorite way to store simple syrup.
- Water - I use filtered water.
- Honey - you can use any variety such as clover honey, wildflower honey or orange blossom honey. Raw honey contains more nutrients than regular honey, but it is important not to overheat the honey if you wish to retain the nutrients.
- Culinary grade dried lavender - look for edible culinary grade lavender as it will have a bit of a sweeter taste than fresh lavender. I found mine on amazon.
See recipe card for quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
Combine all ingredients into a small sauce pan.
Turn the heat on low-medium and whisk until the honey is fully dissolved. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Strain the honey lavender simply syrup using a fine mesh strainer.
Store the simple syrup in a jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Don't boil the honey as it will being to change in flavor. You want to heat it just enough so the honey dissolves in the warm water. If you start to see small bubbles forming, turn the heat down lower.
How to Use Honey Lavender Simple Syrup
This simple syrup pairs nicely with gin, vodka and tequila based cocktails. It compliments citrusy drink such as margaritas or lemonade (for a mock-tail). Honey lavender simple syrup also goes well in a latte or simply as a sweetener to your cup of tea.
Start by adding ½ an ounce of simple syrup to your beverage of choice. Taste and adjust the amount based on your sweetness preference. I love pairing bubbles with it such as club soda, seltzer or tonic water.
Substitutions & Variations
- Vegan - use agave in place of honey to make this recipe vegan. You can also use white or brown sugar instead of honey, however you will lose the honey flavor.
- Botanical - add fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary for more of a botanical flavor.
- Large batch - use the button on the recipe card to double or triple the ingredients.
Store the homemade lavender honey simple syrup in airtight jar. Refrigerate for up to two weeks. Discard the simple syrup if it develops a whiteish film or beings to look overly cloudy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes I recommend refrigerating simple syrups. This will help it last longer.
Simple syrup should last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Simple syrup is typically made with 1 part water to 1 part sugar. Simply replace the sugar with honey to make honey simple syrup.
More Recipes You'll Love
This honey lavender simple syrup will elevate your next cocktail, mock-tail, coffee or tea. The flavors are elegant and slightly botanical for the perfectly balanced syrup.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 ½ tsp culinary grade dried lavender
- Add the water, honey and dried lavender to a small saucepan.
- Heat over low-medium heat while whisking until the honey dissolves. Do not let the mixture simmer or boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the simple syrup rest for 15 minutes to 1 hour to allow flavors to infuse.
- Strain the honey lavender simple syrup into a jar. Add to your favorite cocktails, mocktails or coffee beverages. Enjoy!
- Look for culinary grade dried lavender as it is slight sweeter than fresh lavender. I bought mine on amazon.
- Do not boil the simple syrup as the honey will begin to lose its nutrients.
Keywords: honey lavender simple syrup