These delicious rosemary garlic mashed potatoes are made with plain greek yogurt to create a creamy and tangy sensation. Th6 is vegetarian friendly side is the perfect dish to add to your table this holiday season.
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 2" cubes
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the potatoes to a large pot filled with cold water. Make sure the water covers the potatoes.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Strain the potatoes, allowing all of the water to drip out. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and rosemary. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the garlic has softened. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add the vegetable broth to the melted butter and herbs and allow the broth to simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Return the potatoes to a large pot. Add the vegetable broth mixture, greek yogurt and salt. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher until your desired consistency. Serve with pats of butter and enjoy!
- Double or trip this recipe for a crow. Plan on using about 1/2 lb of potatoes per person.
- Peeling the potatoes is optional. Leave the skins on for a rustic feel, or peel the skin for smoother mashed potatoes.
- Make sure to use plain greek yogurt that is NOT flavored.
- Serve with mushroom gravy!
Keywords: rosemary garlic mashed potatoes