This recipe is the best vegan substitute for parmesan cheese! It only requires three simple ingredients and is nut-free!
- 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast and sea salt to a blender or food processor.
- Blend/pulse while watching closely. As soon as it starts getting sticky/oily, give the mixture a good stir. Blend/pulse again for a few seconds.
- Be careful not to over blend or it will turn into butter. Add this to your favorite pasta dishes!
- Buy unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds so you can control the amount of salt going into the vegan parmesan.
- Do not over blend or you will end up with sunflower seed butter.
Keywords: vegan substitute for parmesan cheese