Sunflower seed parmesan is a great dairy-free & nut-free vegan alternative to regular parmesan. It's simple and so easy to make!
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast and sea salt to a blender or food processor.
- Blend/pulse while closely watching. As soon as it starts getting sticky/oily, give the mixture a good stir. Blend/pulse again for a few seconds.
- Be careful not to over blend or it will turn into butter. Add this to your favorite pasta dishes!
- Buy unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds so you can control the amount of salt going into the cheese.
- DO NOT OVER MIX or you will end up with sunflower seed butter.
Keywords: sunflower seed parmesan