This tuna salad is light and tasty. Enjoy it on toast, a wrap or a bed of greens. Add a slice of American cheese to turn it into a tuna-melt!
- 1 can of tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- bread or tortilla wraps
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: American cheese slices
- Mix the tuna, diced red onion, diced carrot, mayonnaise, sweet relish and a pinch of salt and black pepper together.
To make a sandwich:
- Spoon tuna salad on to your favorite toasted bread. Add any toppings you desire such as lettuce and tomato.
To make a tuna-melt:
- Lay out slices of bread on a baking sheet. Top with tuna salad, then a slice of American cheese. Broil in the oven until the cheese starts to melt and bubble.
- I recommend making the tuna-melt in a toaster oven if you have one at home. It's easier to keep an eye on while the cheese it melting. If you use a regular oven, make sure to watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
- This tuna salad is not sticky, meaning it is a bit messy and will fall apart. If you want it to hold together more, add more mayo.
Keywords: tuna salad