Asparagus and sun-dried tomato rotini is a simple, healthy 20 minute meal. The springtime flavors are so good!
- 1 tbsp olive oil (from sundried tomatoes)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (ends trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, julinated or minced
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lb whole wheat rotini
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 handfuls arugula
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Make sure to save ¼ cup pasta water before draining.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, asparagus and salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and white wine. Cover with a lid and steam for 4-5 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta, ¼ cup reserved pasta water and arugula to the asparagus and onions. Toss to combine.
Top with freshly sliced basil, freshly ground black pepper and parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
- I like to use sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil. Use the olive oil from the jar to saute the onion and asparagus. It has so much flavor!
- You can use vermouth in place of white wine.
- Remember to reserve ¼ cup of pasta water before you drain the pasta!
Keywords: asparagus and sun-dried tomato rotini