Grilled corn with miso butter is a wonderful summer side dish. I love the slight char flavor you get from the grill. Additionally the salty miso butter adds the perfect creamy touch, and the fresh cilantro really compliments the flavors. This recipe is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ party! Furthermore, if you have leftovers make sure to save your grilled corn and toss it into a grilled romaine, radish & corn salad.
To Make Grilled Corn with Miso Butter:
This recipe is simple and only requires a few ingredients. You’ll need 4-6 ears of corn, vegan butter or unsalted butter, white miso paste and fresh cilantro. Start by preheating the grill or grill pan. While the grill is heating up, make the miso butter. Combine the butter and miso paste in a small bowl. Mush the butter and miso together using a fork, until it’s thoroughly combined. Lightly spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray. Grill the corn for 2-3 minutes per side, until char marks form on each side. Remove from the grill. Spread a layer of miso butter on the corn and top with freshly chopped cilantro.
tips & tricks
You can use a grill or grill pan for this recipe. I use a grill pan since I live in an apartment and don’t have outdoor space for a grill. Sometimes the corn kernels will burst and make a popping noise. Stand away from the grill pan if you're not turning the corn. Although I normally make this with vegan butter, I do think it will work nicely with regular butter. I would recommend using unsalted butter since miso paste is very salty. Additionally, make sure to taste your corn before adding extra salt.
Let me know in the comments down below when you make grilled corn with miso butter. Furthermore, you can find more summer recipe inspiration from Toshi’s Table on Instagram and Pinterest. Thanks for your support & happy eating!Print
Grilled corn with miso butter is a wonderful summer side dish. This recipe is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ party!
- 4-6 ears of corn, shucked
- Non-stick spray
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (or unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ tsp white miso paste
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium heat. While the grill is preheating, make the miso butter.
- Add the butter and white miso to a small bowl. Mush together with a fork until all the miso is combined into the butter. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spray the grill or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Grill the corn for 2-3 minutes per side until grill marks form. Remove from the grill or grill pan.
- Spread the miso butter on the corn using a knife. Top with freshly chopping cilantro. Enjoy!
- Sometimes the corn kernels will burst and make a popping noise. Stand back if using a grill pan.
- Although I usually make this with vegan butter, I think it will work nicely with regular unsalted butter as well.
- Miso paste is salty so make sure to taste the miso butter before adding salt to your corn on the cob.
Keywords: grilled corn with miso butter