Maple sriracha snow peas are a vibrant healthy side dish that can be made in under 10 minutes! These snow peas pair nicely with crispy fried rice, or teriyaki tempeh lettuce wraps. Sometimes all you need is an extra pop of color to your dinner! This simple vegan side dish is sure to do just that.
To make maple sriracha snow peas:
Trim the ends of the snow peas and remove the strings if desired. Make sure the snow peas are dry before adding them to a hot oiled pan. Saute the snow peas with a pinch of salt over high heat for 4 minutes. Afterwards, add the maple syrup, sriracha and minced garlic. Saute for another minute until fragrant. Finally, turn off the heat and top the snow peas with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
tips & tricks:
Snow peas will be more tender if you trim the ends and remove the strings before cooking. This step is completely optional. Sometimes I remove them and sometimes I don’t (mostly because I can be lazy). If you wash your produce before cooking (I recommend doing this), make sure the snow peas are completely dry before adding them to the pan. If the snow peas still have water on them, the oil in the pan will sizzle and splatter (which can cause burns). Be careful! I like to use a clean kitchen towel to pat the snow peas dry. I find the flavors of this dish to be mild, but I love how they help enhance the natural flavor of the snow peas. If you’re craving more spice, feel free to add red pepper flavors and more sriracha to top it off!
Let me know when you make maple sriracha snow peas by commenting below! Additionally, you can reach out to me on Instagram. For more of Toshi’s Table, make sure to follow me on Pinterest and subscribe to my newsletter. Thank you for all of the support! Happy eating!Print
Maple Sriracha Snow Peas
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Maple sriracha snow peas are a vibrant healthy side dish that can be made in under 10 minutes! Sometimes all you need is an additional pop of color to your dinner! This simple vegan side dish is sure to do just that.
- ½ tbsp neutral flavored oil
- 8 oz snow peas
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Add the snow peas and salt. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, sriracha and garlic. Saute for another minute until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and top with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Trim the ends of the snow peas and remove the strings if desired.
- Make sure the snow peas are completely dry when they go into the pan or the oil will splatter.
- You can toast the sesame seeds in a small pan over medium-low heat for a few minutes until they are slightly browned and fragrant.
- For additional spice, add red pepper flakes and top with extra sriracha.
Keywords: maple sriracha snow peas
Leave a Reply