Pumpkin spice brownies are a simple fall dessert that can be easily thrown together. I’m not much of a baker, but this recipe is easy and doesn’t require much attention. It’s so easy I almost don’t want to call it a recipe. Pumpkin spice brownies require only three ingredients: pumpkin, brownie mix, and pumpkin pie spice. I feel a little guilty using a brownie mix from the box instead of making it by hand, but this is what makes the recipe quick and easy. I don’t want to say these are healthy, because they aren’t, but they are less bad for you than regular brownies due to the omission of oil. Pumpkin is a great substitute for eggs and oil, which is why these pumpkin spice brownies work so well.
Happy First Day of Fall!
I made these pumpkin spice brownies for a first day of fall collaboration, hosted by Yasmine from @whisk_n_whip. The purpose of this collaboration was to highlight pumpkin as an ingredient. Make sure to check out Yasmine's newly launched website here! She is another food blogger and has a variety of yummy recipes as well as travel guides! I also participated in her summer veggie collaboration where I made this green gazpacho recipe. I love seeing all of the fun themed recipes that fellow foodies come up with!
Simply add the pumpkin, brownie mix and pumpkin spice to a large mixing bowl. Stir until everything is incorporated together and it forms a batter. Add the brownie batter to a lightly greased pan. I used an 8x8 pan so my pumpkin spice brownies would be thicker. Check the box for the recommend bake time. Bake the brownies, then remove them from the oven and let cool. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar on top if you’d like and enjoy! Note: These brownies will be a bit denser than if you were to follow the regular box-mix directions. I think they taste great, but I wanted to let you know they will not be as light and fluffy as you may be used to.
I’m excited to continue sharing more fall recipes with you over the next few weeks. Make sure to check out my pumpkin soup and quinoa stuffed acorn squash to get you in the mood! As always, thanks for all your support and remember to comment and rate my recipes after you give them a try. I love hearing from you! Happy eating!Print
Pumpkin spice brownies only have 3 ingredients and are a great desert for the Fall season.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to the recommended temperature found on the brownie mix box.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brownie mix and pumpkin pie spice until it forms a batter.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased pan.
- Bake in the oven according to the brownie mix directions and pan size.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Optional: Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar on top for a fun finish!
- The bake time will vary depending on the pan size. Check the package directions for the recommended bake time. I use an 8x8 pan to make a thicker brownie.
- These brownies are fudgy, dense and delicious!
Keywords: pumpkin spice brownies