These easy vegan apple oatmeal muffins are perfect for fall! They will fill your house with a delightful cinnamon apple aroma that will leave you drooling.
The best thing about these vegan muffins is they only take 30 minutes to make! They are also vegan, kid-friendly, nut-free and oil free! I love making a batch at the beginning of the week so I have a yummy treat when I need a quick snack!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Apple oat muffins are great for a grab-n-go breakfast or an afternoon snack!
- You can mix everything up in one bowl so it's an easy clean up!
- Additionally, you can have these ready to eat treats in only 30 minutes!
- This simple recipe is vegan and nut-free.
- This recipe uses applesauce instead of oil to keep it oil-free!
- Lastly, this recipe is sure to get you in the Fall spirit!
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners/baking cups- less mess and easy removal. This will also keep the recipe oil free!
- Apples - use what you have on hand or pick your favorite variety!
- Applesauce - use unsweetened or homemade bourbon cinnamon applesauce for a flavor boost!
- Maple syrup - the real stuff, not the fake one!
- Brown sugar - I use light brown sugar.
- Plant milk - I like to use oat milk but you can use any non-dairy milk.
- Dry ingredients - all purpose flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Step by Step Instructions
Add the apples, applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and plant milk to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
Add the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to the batter.
Gently mix until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter.
Line a muffin tray with baking cups. Scoop the batter into each well. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
Tips & Tricks
- Use baking cups or parchment paper to keep this recipe oil-free!
- I always leave the skin on the apples. You don’t have to waste time peeling them, I find it unnecessary!
- Mix the wet ingredients first then add in the dry ingredients.
- Do not overmix the batter. Overmixing may cause the muffins to become dry!
- Insert a toothpick into the muffins to make sure they are done baking. If the toothpick comes out wet and sticky, it needs more time in the oven.
Substitutions and Variations
- Try making this with your favorite apple varieties! I recommend baking these easy vegan apple oatmeal muffins during the fall months when it’s peak apple season!
- Feel free to add in walnuts for a bit of crunch.
- You can use agave or honey instead of maple syrup.
- Substitute in your favorite plant milk such as almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk!
Storing & Freezing
- Store the apple oatmeal muffins in an airtight container for up to 4 days (non-refrigerated) or up to 6 days (refrigerated). Enjoy at room temperature or reheat the muffin in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- You can freeze the muffins and take them out overnight to thaw as needed. Alternatively heat it in the microwave from frozen for a minute.
Frequently Asked Questions
If a recipe calls for rolled oats or old fashioned oats, I would recommend sticking with that. While you can substitute quick oats in a pinch, the texture will be different. Rolled oats tend to hold together better when baked.
The muffins can become tough or dry if over mixing occurs. Do not over mix the batter.
More Oat Recipes You'll Love!
- Make sure to check out these vegan banana oat muffins for another sweet treat!
- Date energy bites are a quick and easy snack to make for a grab-n-go breakfast.
- Still looking for a heartier breakfast? Give these vegan PB&J overnight oats a try!
- Follow Toshi’s Table on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe inspiration.
Easy Vegan Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan apple oatmeal muffins are perfect for fall. I love these muffins since they can be made in just 30 minutes! All you have to do is mix up the ingredients and bake! They are quick, easy and tasty!
- 1 ½ cup apples, chopped (about 1 large apple)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tray with baking cups or spray with non-stick spray.
- Add the apples, applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and plant milk to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to the mixing bowl. Gently mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into each well. They should be filled almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
- You can leave the skin on the apples. No need to peel them!
- Use baking cups or parchment paper to keep this recipe oil-free.
Keywords: vegan apple oatmeal muffins
I love how easy this was to put together thank you.
You're welcome! Thank you so much for the kind review 🙂
Easy, quick delicious fall muffins! I add extra cinnamon on top of each muffin before baking.
The extra cinnamon is the way to go!
I love these healthy apple oat muffins. They are perfect for fall and so easy to make. These muffins are perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning!
Thank you! I agree; it is my favorite way to start the day!
Very easy to make! I love the fall flavors!