Everyday oatmeal is the best healthy and tasty way to start your day! My partner Kyle makes this every single morning. He eats it right out of the pot! I’m not much of a breakfast person and Kyle is kind enough to make a double batch, so I always have breakfast too! This is a great everyday breakfast since it comes together so quickly! You only need a few ingredients, so let's get started!
To make everyday oatmeal:
If you’re only making 1-2 servings use a small saucepan. Add the rolled oats, oat milk or water and cinnamon to the saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the liquid begins to boil. Give it a stir and drop the heat down to low. Let it simmer for a few minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add the bananas, apples and peanut butter. Mix well. Serve with some fresh berries on top and any other desired toppings such as nuts or additional fruits.
tips & tricks
This recipe is great because you can add whatever you want to it. When we are running low on oat milk, Kyle will often use ¼ cup oat milk and ¼ water, or just ½ cup of water. It isn’t quite as creamy this way, but it still makes for a rib-sticking breakfast! Additionally, you can add your favorite fruits to this. I love the banana because when it's all mixed up it adds a ton of natural sweetness. I think apples add a nice little crunch as well. Sometimes I top it off with fresh orange slices, instead of berries. It’s a choose your own adventure kind of breakfast! Alternatively, if you don’t have ten minutes to spare in the mornings, try mixing up a quick batch of PB&J overnight oats for a grab & go breakfast!
Let me know in the comments below when you make everyday oatmeal. I love hearing from you and your feedback helps me improve my recipes. For more food inspiration, make sure to follow Toshi’s Table on Instagram and Pinterest. As always, thanks for the support!Print
Everyday oatmeal is the best healthy and tasty way to start your day! You only need a few simple ingredients for this quick breakfast!
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup oat milk (or water)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ½ banana, diced
- ¼ cup apple, diced
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Add the rolled oats, oat milk (or water) and cinnamon to a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until the liquid begins to boil. Give it a stir and drop the head down to low. Let it simmer for a few minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the bananas, apples and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Serve with some fresh berries on top and any other desired toppings such as nuts or additional fruits.
- Add in maple syrup or agave for a sweeter bowl.
- Top with additional fruits or nuts if desired.
- Feel free to use your favorite plant-based or regular milk.