These vegan banana oat muffins are so tasty and easy to make! I don’t bake often (I’ve had some spectacular fails), but when I do I need a surefire no-fail recipe, and this is it! These muffins check ALL the boxes 1. They are easy to make (30 minutes) 2. They are vegan and oil-free! 3. They are addictingly delicious!
To make vegan banana oat muffins:
Mash the brown bananas with a fork until they break down into small pieces. Add the wet ingredients: applesauce, maple syrup/agave vanilla and the brown sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix well until combined. Next add the dry ingredients: flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, chocolate chips and walnuts to the mixing bowl. Stir until just combined. Line a muffin tray with baking cups (or use non-stick spray) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Let the muffins cool for 10-15 minutes before enjoying!
Tips & Tricks
In order to achieve the best banana flavor, use those super brown almost rotten bananas. They may not be favorable for snacking but they are the KEY to maximum flavor. When my bananas start going turning brown, I throw them in the freezer. When you have 3 bananas it’s time to get baking! This recipe calls for vegan chocolate chips, but you can also use regular chocolate chips if you’re not vegan. I love the additional crunch from the walnuts, but these muffins can be made nut-free if desired. Fill up each baking cup to the rim if possible. They will rise but not a whole lot. Additionally, try to fill each depression evenly so the muffins will be approximately the same size.
If you LOVED these tasty vegan banana oat muffins, make sure to check my classic banana bread recipe. You can catch more of Toshi’s Table on Instagram and Pinterest. Let me know when you make these muffins by dropping a comment below. Any feedback is highly appreciated! Happy Eating!Print
Vegan Banana Oat Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
Vegan banana oat muffins are so tasty and easy to make! These oil-free muffins can be made in just 30 minutes. Enjoy them any time of day!
- 3 brown bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/c cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the brown bananas using a fork.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup (or agave), vanilla and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, oats, cinnamon, chocolate chips and walnuts to the mixture.
- Gently mix until all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Line a muffin tray with baking cups or spay the tray with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into each well. They should be filled almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
- In order to achieve the best banana flavor, use those super brown almost rotten bananas.
- You can also use regular chocolate chips if you’re not vegan.
- Omit the walnuts for a nut-free muffin.
- Use baking cups instead of non-stick oil to keep this recipe oil free.
Keywords: vegan banana oat muffins
Leave a Reply