This warming brown sugar spiced simple syrup is perfect for your next cozy beverage. It goes well in bourbon cocktails, lattes, tea or drizzled on pancakes!
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan.
- Heat the mixture over medium-low heat. Stir well until all of the brown sugar dissolves. Do not boil the simple syrup.
- Remove from heat and let the flavors infuse for 15 minutes up to 1 hour. Remove the larger spices with tongs or a fork.
- Strain into a jar. Enjoy!
- Make sure to pack the brown sugar into the measuring cup.
- Use filtered water for higher quality simple syrup.
- Do not use the simple syrup while hot (unless it is for a hot drink). Let it cool to room temperature so it will not dilute the ice in a cocktail.
Keywords: brown sugar simple syrup, spiced simple syrup, brown sugar spiced simple syrup