Save your vegetable scraps to make this simple yet flavorful broth. There are so many ways to repurpose food. I think this is my favorite method because it is easy and delicious!
- 1 gallon freezer bag filled with vegetable scraps
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 12 cups of water (or enough to cover the veggies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 20 grinds of fresh black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a stock pot.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain the broth using a cheesecloth, or fine mesh strainer.
- Store veggie broth in airtight containers.
- Label each container with the amount of broth (I tend to forget if I don’t label).
- Use immediately or store in the freezer. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegetable scrap broth