Sheet pan sweet potatoes & black beans is an easy meal that's sure to become a favorite!
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 cups sweet potato, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1-15 oz can black beans, drained, rinsed and towel-dried
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- hot sauce
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss together until evenly coated with spices and olive oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stir, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve sheet pan sweet potatoes & black beans over a bed of brown rice. Top with any optional toppings such as non-fat Greek yogurt, lime juice, hot sauce or cilantro. Enjoy!
- I use minute brown rice when I need a quick dinner.
- Remember to dry the black beans with a kitchen towel. This helps them get crispy in the oven.
- Sheet pan sweet potatoes & black beans is also great in a tortilla, taco style!
Keywords: sheet pan sweet potatoes & black beans