Sheet pan sweet potatoes and black bean bowls is an easy meal that's sure to become a favorite!
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- ½ red onion, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed and towel-dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Plant based sour cream, regular sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Pickled jalapenos
- Pickled red onions
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedge
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the rice according to package directions
- Combine the sweet potato, red onion, black beans, olive oil and spices in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss together until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- To serve: place the roasted sweet potatoes and beans over a bed of brown rice. Top with any of the optional toppings. Enjoy!
- Use parboiled rice such as minute rice when you are in a time crunch.
- Remember to dry the black beans using a kitchen towel. This helps them get crispy in the oven.
- This recipe is also delicious served as tacos or a burrito!
Keywords: sheet pan sweet potatoes and black bean bowls