Creamy chickpea noodle soup is a vegan take on a cozy classic!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz can light coconut milk
- 2 15-oz cans garbanzo beans
- ½ cup Ditalini
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high. When hot, add the diced onion, carrots, celery, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and sage.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, garbanzo beans, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and continue to boil for 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is done.
- Turn off heat, garnish with freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: creamy chickpea noodle soup