This simple maple miso tahini sauce only takes 5 minutes to make! The sweet tahini sauce is the perfect addition to grain bowls, salads or roasted veggies! Additionally, this sauce is vegan and nut-free!
My favorite way to use this maple miso dressing is on my roasted root vegetable bowl. It completely brings all the flavors together!
Tahini is a condiment commonly used in middle eastern and mediterranean cooking. It is made from toasted sesame seeds which are ground into a paste. It's also often added to hummus to contribute to the overall consistency and flavor of the dish. You can check out other fun facts, benefits and uses for tahini on Web MD.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- There are ONLY 3 ingredients.
- Furthermore, it only takes 5 minutes to make!
- It pairs well with many dishes.
- It's easy to prep and then add to meals throughout the week.
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Measuring cups and spoons
- White miso paste
- Maple syrup
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine all ingredients into a small whisking bowl.
2. Whisk together until it is smooth.
3. Use it as a dipping sauce, dressing or drizzle it on your favorite grain bowl!
Tips and Tricks
Tahini separates in the jar (similarly to natural nut butters). Mix it well in the jar before measuring out the amount needed.
Additionally, I like to use warm water when mixing up a batch of this sauce. I think the warm water helps it mix together quicker.
Substitutions and Variations
- Maple Syrup - you can use agave to keep it vegan, or honey if you're not vegan.
- Garlicky - add in a minced clove of garlic for a burst of flavor!
Store the maple miso tahini dressing in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. However, my bet is you will eat it within a week! There are so many uses for tahini sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions
Tahini is made from sesame seeds! Although it has a bit of a nutty flavor, it is completely nut-free!
Yes! Most brands should be gluten-free. It's always best to double check the label to be sure.
Yes, tahini sauce is vegan.
You can buy tahini sauce in your local middle eastern or mediterranean grocery store! You can also find it in the "International" isle of most grocery stores. The very popular Trader Joe's also sells tahini!
Other Tahini Recipes You'll LovePrint
This sweet tahini sauce is SO good over grain bowls, salads, roasted veggies and more! It only has 3 ingredients and can be made in 5 minutes!
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until combined. The sauce should be smooth.
- Drizzle on your favorite grain bowl, salad, or veggies!
- If you don't have maple syrup you can substitute agave (to keep it vegan) or honey.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Keywords: maple miso tahini,