This easy vegan ranch dip (using tahini) comes together in just 5 minutes! It is dairy-free, gluten-free and nut-free as well. Vegan ranch dip is also great for salad dressing! Simply add water to thin it out a bit and you've got yourself an easy tahini dressing.
The main ingredients in homemade ranch dip are normally buttermilk, mayonnaise and sour cream. To made this recipe dairy-free, I swapped the dairy products for tahini. Tahini is a great substitute and add a thick, creamy and slightly nutty flavor to the vegan ranch dip.
This recipe pairs well with these addicting buffalo cauliflower bites! It also goes well with salads, especially grilled romaine salad! Or simply use it as a dairy-free ranch dip for fresh cut veggies!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan ranch dip using tahini is SO quick and easy to make. You can make it in just 5 minutes!
- This recipe is dairy-free, nut-free and gluten-free! It's also made without mayo or cashews!
- Use this vegan ranch as a veggie dip or homemade vegan dressing!
- Tahini - tahini is a paste using sesame seeds. It is thick and creamy like peanut butter. You can find it in the international isle of the grocery store near middle eastern products. Make sure to stir it well before using.
- Water - used to thin out the tahini ranch. Use less for a thick dip and more for a thinner dressing! I recommend using filtered water.
- Lemon juice - use freshly squeezed lemons! It will taste better than using the bottled juice. You will need about half of a large lemon.
- Spices - salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dill and parsley. You can use fresh herbs in place of dried if desired.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Vegan Ranch Dip
Combine all ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
Whisk the ingredients together until combined. Add more water for a thinner dip or dressing.
Hint: If you don't have a whisk, you can use a fork or simply add all the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake until combined.
Always use fresh squeezed lemon juice rather than bottled. Fresh lemons will add the best flavor!
Substitutions & Variations
- Herbs - instead of using dried herbs you can use fresh herbs. I would double the amount of herbs on the recipe card if using fresh herbs.
- Avocado - add half an avocado to make vegan avocado ranch. Blend all ingredients together.
- Spicy - add 1 tablespoon of sriracha to make spicy sriracha tahini ranch.
- Chipotle - add 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce. Blend all ingredients together instead of whisking.
- Dressing - to turn any of these variations into a dressing simply add more water to the recipe until you reach the desired consistency.
How to Store
Store vegan ranch dip using tahini in an airtight jar or container. It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing this.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, vegan ranch does not have eggs. Eggs are not considered to be vegan since they are an animal product.
While plant-based ranch is often healthier than regular ranch, it truly depends on the ingredients of the recipe. This tahini based ranch is healthier but has a lot of fat from the oil in the tahini paste.
Yes ranch is typically made with mayonnaise, buttermilk and sour cream. This vegan ranch recipe uses tahini in place of these ingredients.
More Tahini Recipes You'll Love
Not sure what to do with that jar of tahini? Try these recipes:
P.S. I love hearing from you! If you make this recipe please leave a star rating and comment below. To catch the latest recipes subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!Print
This easy vegan ranch dip using tahini can be made in just 5 minutes! It is dairy-free, gluten-free and nut-free as well. Vegan ranch dip can also be used as a dressing!
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water + ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ salt
- Mix the tahini, ¼ cup of water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, parsley and salt together.
- Add more water and mix until you reach the desired consistency.
- Use fresh squeezed lemons for the best flavor. You will need about half of a large lemon.
- To thin out the ranch dip, simply add more water.
Keywords: Vegan ranch dip, vegan ranch dressing, tahini ranch,