This simple broccoli beet salad comes together in less than 30 minutes! It is full of flavor and nutrients.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lage beet
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Add the broccoli florets and dried cranberries to a large mixing bowl.
- Grate the beet using a box grater or the shredding attachment of a food processor.
- Add the shredded beet to the mixing bowl.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil, salt, onion powder and a few grinds of black pepper in a small mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli beet salad. Mix well until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- If time permits, let the salad to sit for 15 -30 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Enjoy!
- You can leave the skin on the beet, just make sure it wash it well before grating it.
- For maximum flavor, let the broccoli beet salad sit for 15-30 minutes to marinate the flavors together.
- I recommend using unsweetened, dried cranberries however you may also use reduced sugar dried cranberries.
Keywords: broccoli beet salad