These sheet pan roasted carrots and asparagus are paired with a dijon vinaigrette and lightly toasted almonds to make the ultimate side dish! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free!
- 3-4 large carrots (about 1 lb), sliced lengthwise into half inch pieces
- 1 bundle of asparagus (about 1 lb), ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
For the dijon vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the asparagus and carrots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cayenne pepper and salt. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the vegetables.
- Roast the carrots and asparagus for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway though.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the sliced almonds and toast them until lightly brown. Stir to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together the dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Plate the roasted carrots and asparagus. Drizzle the dijon vinaigrette over the roasted vegetables. Top with the toasted almonds and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- For crispier/charred vegetables use two baking sheets instead of one.
- Slice the carrots lengthwise so they are approximately the same thickness as the asparagus. Aim for half an inch in thickness.
- The almonds will burn if you leave them unattended. Make sure to stir them frequently to prevent burning and ensure even toasting.
Keywords: roasted carrots and asparagus