Garlic chili oil is spicy with a hint of sweetness. Drizzle it on soup or salad for a nice finish or use it as a dip for a fresh loaf of bread.
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat a small pan over low-medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the dried onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Toast the spices for 2-3 minutes while occasionally stirring to prevent burning.
- Combine the paprika and salt in a small jar. Add the toasted dried onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Top if off with ¼ cup of olive oil, or until the spices are barely covered. Mix well until all spices are combined. Enjoy!
- My favorite way to use this oil is for dipping fresh bread into it. I also enjoy adding this oil on top of soups, salad dressing or sauteed veggies.
- Swap in smoked paprika instead of regular, for slightly smokey flavor.
Keywords: garlic chili oil