This lemon basil vodka martini is a bright, refreshing cocktail perfect for warm summer days. The herbaceous basil brilliantly compliments the zesty lemon for a fresh twist on a classic cocktail!
- 2 1/2 oz vodka
- 1 oz lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3-4 basil leaves
- Sliced lemon wheels for garnish
- Add the basil leaves, simple syrup and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the basil leaves until they are very bruised and torn. It should smell like basil.
- Add a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker along with the vodka.
- Shake well for 15-20 seconds until chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini or coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a basil leaf. Enjoy!
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker simply use a a mason with with a lid!
- You can use a wooden spoon to muddle the basil if you don't have a cocktail muddler.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best taste. Bottled lemon juice does not work for this drink.
Keywords: lemon basil vodka martini