Summer squash bow tie pasta is a great way to use up those summer veggies in a quick and easy recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped into quarters
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped into quarters
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the bow tie pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, salt, red pepper flakes, thyme and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, drop the heat down to medium and add the cherry tomatoes and garlic. Sauté for one minute (garlic should be fragrant).
- Add the white wine and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bow tie pasta back to the large pan (or use a large bowl).
- To serve: top each bowl with fresh basil, a few grinds of black pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon and parmesan cheese (optional).
Keywords: summer squash, bow tie pasta