This gin margarita, or margatini is perfect on a hot summer day. If you don't like tequila, this is the drink for you!
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz agave
- 1 tsp salt (for the rim)
- Additional lime wheels for garish
- Rub a lime wedge around the entire rim of your glass.
- Dip the rim of the glass into a shallow bowl or plate of salt. Turn the glass until salt has adhered to the rim. Fill glass 3/4 of the way full with ice. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the gin, lime juice and agave to the shaker. Shake well for 30 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail into the salt-rimmed glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and enjoy!
- Always use fresh-squeezed lime juice. I find that 1 1/2 to 2 limes is about 1 ounce of juice.
- If you don't have agave you can use simple syrup, maple syrup or honey.
- You may use a jar with a lid instead of a cocktail shaker, just strain when you pour the drink into a glass.
Keywords: gin margarita, margatini