Vegan banana oat muffins are so tasty and easy to make! These oil-free muffins can be made in just 30 minutes. Enjoy them any time of day!
- 3 brown bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/c cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the brown bananas using a fork.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup (or agave), vanilla and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, oats, cinnamon, chocolate chips and walnuts to the mixture.
- Gently mix until all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Line a muffin tray with baking cups or spay the tray with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into each well. They should be filled almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
- In order to achieve the best banana flavor, use those super brown almost rotten bananas.
- You can also use regular chocolate chips if you’re not vegan.
- Omit the walnuts for a nut-free muffin.
- Use baking cups instead of non-stick oil to keep this recipe oil free.
Keywords: vegan banana oat muffins